Friday, May 7, 2010

All I came in for was CONTACTS!!!! WHAT?!?!

Brock and I had decided that it was time for us both to go in for an eye exam and make sure that our prescription had not changed. With the summer months right around the corner, I also needed to order new contacts. It all seemed rather routine until my eye doctor said that she noticed that my optic nerves appeared to be inflamed and I would need to go and see and ophthalmologist. She had her staff put in a call on Monday to one her in town and I was in to see him later that morning. He said that usually this is caused by one of two things, a brain tumor or a disorder where the body was not absorbing the spinal fluid and causing excess pressure in the cranial cavity. From there it was a WHIRLWIND! And that is putting it mildly. Tuesday, he had me in for a MRI. I had the results the following morning and I was in to see a neurologist Wednesday and had a spinal tap on Thursday.

After all was said and done, it turned out to be the second option. THANK GOODNESS. I have been put on medication to help with the pressure and I will need to see a neurologist for check ups to make sure that everything is on track. They said that there is a chance that it may revert back to "normal" and I will no longer need the medications, I'm holding out for that!

No comments: