Sorry it's been so long since I've posted. It has been a whirlwind of activity since Sophia was born.
The craziest thing happened. After we came home on Friday the 22nd, late Saturday night I started have excruciating abdominal pain. I could barely walk. At first, I thought maybe I had just done too much too quickly. But the pain didn't seem to get any better. So around 6 p.m., I called the patient advisory nurse who told me to go to the emergency room. So around 7 p.m. we packed up Sophia (since we didn't have anyone who could watch her) and away we went to the emergency room. They ran many tests including a CAT scan which came back normal but the pain was just horrible. The doctor could barely touch my abdomen without putting me through the ceiling. Because of this, he decided it was in my best interest to be re-admitted at least over night and if I was better by morning, away I could go, if not then they could run more tests.
Well it turns out that the pain was being caused by a complication of my c-section. While it is an uncommon effect, I was just the lucky one who was able to endure it. But because of this, I was inpatient and pumped full of medications. Finally on Tuesday morning, the doctor came in and said that I could go home and I've been feeling pretty good since.
Needless to say, I'm so glad that ordeal is over so I could be home and enjoy bonding time with my beautiful daughter! Who I must say already has mommy and daddy wrapped around her little finger! But she is just so precious and already full of personality! I don't think Brock or I realized how much we could love someone till she came into our lives. She is just amazing to both of us already!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment