I started out this morning as normal, woke up, got dressed, dropped Sophie off at day care, drove to work, parked my car and went up to work. No sooner had I sad down and really started my fun filled day as I get a call from the security at work! I'm thinking okay, I know I didn't park in the 2 hour lot. I parked within the lines, what could they possibly want. Well...they informed me that they had just received a report that someone had hit my car in the parking lot and left the scene of the accident(and it wasn't the red rocket that was hit, of course it had to be the better of our two vehicles)! FORTUNATELY, someone had seen it happen, saw her drive away and got down her license plate number and went to security. I had them call the police department and spent most of my morning out with security and the police. They ran the plate, got the person's information, took my information and pictures of my damage. The cop was awesome! Told me that if the person didn't call in the time that they were there that they would be towing the car (if they found it) and that they would have to pay $260 for the tow and $85 per day for impound fees. I was completely hoping that they wouldn't call but they did! They fessed up to the whole thing and the police gave her two citations. After getting her information (noting that she lived out of state but worked for the same company in the same town), I emailed her and asked her for her insurance information so that I can get my car repaired. And believe it or not the lady had her husband try and convince Brock and I to get our vehicle fixed without going through insurance. I'm thinking to myself! What the heck are these people thinking! Hello, you just hit my car, moved your car to another part of the lot, and the only reason I even have your information is because a good Samaritan took down your infomation and reported it and you now want Brock and I to trust you to pay for the repairs in full. Hmmm let us think about this for say 2 seconds! NO! Brock and I called their insurance and made the report. We get a estimate done for their insurance company tomorrow (although we may go through our own repair shop) they require that we get a estimate through one of their vendors. Below are pictures of the damage to the car :(.

This all added to the normal craziness of work! What a whirlwind for both Brock and I. Hopefully this insurance company does well and this all behind us before we know it!
On a good note! Sophie is still growing like a little weed! She turned 8 months old on October 18th and just make leaps and bounds! She is so fun to spend time with. Even after a bad day (such as above), to come home to her smiling face and giggles truly makes it all seem better! For those who may not have known. She has started to do a bit of an army crawl. Brock and I are in alot of trouble. We no longer can lay her down for a bit to run to the other room and expect her to be there. Enjoy a short video of Sophie making a big move!
This week we will celebrate Sophie's first halloween! While we don't have much planned, we'll be sure to take lots of pictures! Won't be long now and it will be Christmas!

No comments:
Post a Comment